If you want to appreciate the power of vision, ask a blind man whose world is darkened forever. Eyes help you see so that you can recognize your loved ones, look around the beautiful world, differentiate between shapes, sizes and colors. However, your eyes can do much more than this; therefore, we have collected 10 amazing facts about Human Eyes that you need to know.
1. You See With Your Brain , Not Your Eyes. If Anything Goes Wrong, Visual Cortex Needs To Be Blamed
2. Shark Eyes Have Been Used As Replacements In Human Eye Surgery Due To Similarities In Cornea
3. “In The BLink Of An Eye” Is Not Just An Expression
Eyes are the fastest muscles in the body with the blink rate of 5 per sec taking 100 to 150 ms for each blink.
4. Your Brain Adapts To Upside Down Images; Eventually Seeing Things Right Side Up
5. Doctors Have Yet To Transplant Eye Balls As Optive Nerves Are Very Sensitive To Reconstruct
6. Your Eye Lenses Are Instantly Capable Of Changing Focus Making Them Faster Than Any Camera Lenses
7. Eyes Heal Quickly Usually Withing 48 hours E.g. To Repair Corneal Scratch
8. Every Blue Eye Individual In The World Share A Common Ancestor
The first person to have blue eyes lived 6000 to 9000 years ago, before that everyone had brown eyes.
9. Heterochromia Is An Eye Condition Which Happens When A Person Is Born With Different Color Eyes
10. Each Eye Contains 107 Million Light Sensitive Cells
Eyes have two types of photoreceptor cells: Cones and Rods. There are seven million ‘cones’ cells to detec color and detail while hundred million ‘rods’ cells to differentiate between black and white.