You do not need your friend’s DSLR to capture a professional quality selfie. You just need to understand that art of photography does not always depend on pricy and high quality cameras. If you use the right light, angle and setup in combination with some photography skills, you can capture high quality image even with the worst camera at hand. Well, we can imagine you rolling your eyes but after you see these 10 smartphone photography hacks, you will thank us.
Don’t forget to check out number 10, it proves our point. Share your experience with these tips and other photography hacks that you think are worth mentioning.
1. Use A Drop Of Water On Camera Lens For Capturing Macro Images
2. Take A 3D Photograph With Your Smartphone
All you need to do it is take two pictures from same location but four inches apart. You can then combine both images into an animated GIF using Gif Ninja or any other software.
3. Use Binoculars As A Zoom In For Your Smartphone Lens
4. Use The Panoramic Mode To Take a Panoramic Sequence Photograph
Ask your friend to pan the camera as you move around from back and stand in different location with different pose.
5. Use Cardboard Tripod Stand To Capture A Selfie
Place your smartphone on cardboard tripod and use earphone ‘+’ button to capture a selfie.
6. Use Dashboard Protector As A Reflector
7. Put Smartphone In Glass To Take Underwater Image
8. Use The Panoramic Mode To Take A Drive-By Panoramic Shot From A Car
9. Make A Macro Lens Using DVD Drive
You read it right. You can use the lens from optical assembly of your old CD/DVD Rom and mount it on the front of your camera to allow it to focus on objects less than an inch away from the sensor.
Look for the lens from DVD Assembly:
Here is how it looks like:
Fix it with your smartphone as below:
Here is a complete step-side guide to fixing DVD lens with smartphone camera.
10. Use A Dab Of Vaseline On Camera Lens To Capture Vintage Photograph