- Gillette Posts Image of Its 1904 Razor Design, and Literally Got Trolled
- World’s smallest Power Drill 3D printed in New Zealand
- Self-Locking Bicycle Will Replace Bike Locks Forever
- Wearable Artificial Kidney Might Replace Dialysis Process In Future
- This Airplane Completed Its Age. How They Turned It Into A Luxury Hotel Is Beautifully Artistic
You think you know everything about Mac? Trust us, when we say that Mac has still got some cool tricks up its sleeves that you don’t know about. Like did you know that Apple’s spotlight search can calculate too? Well, if you were as astonished as we were, then read through these 10 most important hidden features of Mac to be even more surprise.
You should stop getting frustrated with having to take the screenshot of the whole screen. An easy way around this is to use Command + Shift + 4 which turns the cursor into a cross hair,then select the required screen region and press space bar to capture the screenshot.
2. Use Quick Tab Management
You can get rid of too many running applications using quick tab managment bar. You can cycle through the applications by holding command and pressing tab key. Press “Q” to quit any of the applications, or “H” to minimize.
3. Type An Apple Icon In A Flash
You can create an Apple icon by holding down Option + Shift + K on any Apple computer.
4. Experience Expose In Slow Motion
If you have Mac OSX version 10.6 and earlier, then the easy app selection tool, Expose, can be manipulated to work in slow motion. You need to hold “Shift” while pressing your Expose key (usually F9, F10, or F11). The trick is useful for a less abrupt window-switching method.
5. Hide Your Dock In A Flash
If you are irritated with your dock, hide it using Command + Option + D.
This feature is for users running Mac OSX Lion or earlier. You can easily invert and revert the colors using Command + Option + Control + 8. The feature was designed to help the visually impaired.
You just need to highlight or click on the files that you want to group then right click and select “New Folder With Selection.”
8. Never Skip Through The Drop Down Menu While Filling Out Order Forms
In order to do this simply go to System Preferences => Keyboard, and then set “Full Keyboard Access” to “All Controls.”
The icon circled in the image below appear when you save a document on your Mac. You can treat this like normal file icon and drag it wherever you like which moves the file too.
10. Use Spotlight Search As A Calculator
If you press Command + Spacebar, Apple’s Spotlight search comes up and allow you to easily search for documents or music. However, it can do basic math too, so if you need some multiplication or division done, just type it in the search bar!