- U.S. Military Whips Up A Pizza That Lasts For 3 Years
- The Steepest Street In The World Is Located In New Zealand
- 23 Innovations You Won’t Believe Are Made By Ordinary Chinese People
- Gesture Control Arms Will Replace Computer Mouse In Future
- Thanks To Facebook: Whatsapp Is Moving To A New Bigger Office Pretty Soon
These 10 uncommon car hacks are applicable to everyone who love their cars. Most of these hacks will help you protect your car from wear and tear before you have to go to a mechanic and spend 100s of dollars.
1. Do Not Use Aluminium To Scrape Off Ice From Wind Shield. The Aluminium Can Get Embedded With Glass. Use Credit Car (Or Any Other Card) Instead.
2. The Blue Reflector In The Road Way Indicates A Fire Hydrant Located On The Side Of The Road. Do Not Park Next To It.
3. Drive In The Center Lane While On Multi-Lane Freeway Because It Has Seen Less Collisions And Smooth Traffic
4. Adjust Car Mirrors To Remove Blind Spots
Using the trick below, when a car leaves your rear view it will appear in your side views and when it leaves the side view it will be right next to you. The adjustment of the side views is completely opposite i.e. push them OUT instead of IN.
5. How To Park Car On Slopes?
If you are parking facing uphill, use a forward gear and point the wheels away from the pavement. If you are parking facing downhill, use a reverse gear and point the wheels towards the pavement.
6. The Arrow On the Gas Gauge Indicates Which Side The Gas Tank Is On. In The Image Below, It’s On The Driver’s Side Since It Is A Left Hand Drive Car.
7. Electronic Car Keys Can Raise/Lower The Front Windows
In order to lower the windows you need to hold down unlock after unlocking the car and the front windows will roll down. Similarly, holding down lock again after locking the car results in the front windows closing.
This hack only works with few car models.
8. Don’t Fill Up If You See Gasoline Tankers Filling The Tanks At Your Local Gas Station
When the station’s underground tanks are being filled, the turbulence can stir up sediment can clog fuel filters and fuel injectors, causing poor performance and possibly requiring repairs.
9. Lighten Up Your Key Chain
Heavy key chain weight, combined with bouncing while you drive, can wear out the tumblers inside the ignition and eventually lead to ignition switch failure. If your ignition key “sticks” when you try to turn on the car, it’s a warning that your ignition switch is about to fail. Replace it before you get stranded.