- This Artist Removes The Famous Out Of Famous Photos And The Result Is Insane
- Indoor Navigation Might Soon Arrive To Apple
- This Handheld Jet Engine Takes Sports To Extreme Level
- Laser Technology Will Safeguards The Future Aeroplanes – Here Is How
- Morning Breakfast With This Bear Toaster Gets More Refreshing
Facebook has always been targeted with accusations of invading user’s privacy and accessing more content then they usually agree to access. As in a recent news, all the big tech giants are in talk with government organizations in order to protect their user’s privacy. We don’t know what probably will be the outcome of the tech giants vs government clash but we can tell you 11 simple hacks that you can use to either make your life easier or protect your private data as best you can.
1. Make Profile Pic Emoji That You Can Use In Chat
Type your user name in between the double squared brackets to turn your profile pic into emoji like this: [[zuck]].
Update: This hack is not working anymore (12/8/2014)
2. Unauthorize Apps That Have Access To Your Profile Information
If you have used facebook to log in to different apps and websites, you can unauthroize them by going to Settings> Apps > App Settings.
3. Politely Ask A Page Owner To Take Down Your Photograph
Facebook now has the feature to ask any page owner or your friend to remove your picture from the page if they have uploaded it.
4. Be Available On Chat For Only Specific Facebook Friends
Right click the little gear icon on the chat window at the bottom right corner and bring up the advanced chat settings. Using these settings you can limit your online status to a few friends or none.
5. Here is What You Need To Do If You Want To Share Post With All Friends Except One
You can share your status with either everyone or a few friends or hide it completely from one person in your friend list.
6. Use ‘View As’ Feature To See How Your Friends See Your Profile
Click the three vertical dots on ‘View Activity Log’ on your cover photo and go to ‘View As’. You can now view how your facebook looks to public or a specific person.
7. Get An Extra Layer Of Protection For Your Account By Using Security Codes For Accessing
Go to the drop down menu on the upper right corner of your profile, from there go to account settings, then security and edit the login approvals to get your access code for using facebook from unknown browsers.
8. Review Tagged Posts Before Adding To Your Timeline
Go to Account Settings > Timeline and Tagging > Who can add things to my timeline? > Click On Review Posts.
9. Facebook Page Owners! Schedule Your Posts According To Your Fans Activity On Facebook .
If you are a facebook page owner, go to page insights to see your fans activity and schedule your posts from the status dialogue box. In this way you do not have to be present at the specific time to post status update.
10. Remove Your Facebook Profile From Search Engines
Go to Account Settings > Privacy > Do you want other search engines to link to your timeline? > Who can look me up? > Disable “Let other search engines link to your timeline.”
11. Here Is How You Can Get Your Account Back If It Has Been Hacked
If your account is hacked, go to this facebook link and follow the instructions to get your account back.