- Transforms Your iPhone Into A Microscope With MicrobeScope
- 23 Majestic Houses Lost In The Fairy Tales Of Winter
- Facial Recognition Will Predict Your Lifespan In Future
- The Way This Guy Has Merge Classic With Modern London Is Incredible
- Android Powered Touchscreen Giants Are The Future Of Coffee Tables
Back in the old days, people used natural remedies for health, beauty and cleanliness. However, with the advancement in these areas, natural remedies are now replaced with chemicals which are not only high in cost but also harmful to our health. Today we are going to revisit the old days and provide you with 12 uses of lemons that will blow your mind.
1. Lemons Can Control High Blood Pressure
Lemons have high concentration of potassium which helps in controlling high blood pressure and reducing the effects of nausea and dizziness.
2. Lemons Aid Against Respiratory Problems
Lemon water can aid a person suffering from asthma and help breath properly. It also helps reduce phelgm in the lungs.
3. Lemons Can Prevent Kidney Stones
Drinking lemon water regularly helps increasing the production of urinary citrate – a chemical which prevents the formation of crystals leading to kidney stones.
4. Lemons Can Keep Insects Out Of The Kitchen
Sprinkle lemon juice onto ant holes and leave lemon pieces in front of doors & window sills to get rid of ants. Mix the juice of 4 lemons in 2 litres of water and wash the floor with it. This will help ward off cockroaches and fleas.
5. Lemons Can Help Deodorize Your Garbage
If your garbage can feels smelly then put lemon pieces at the base. Do this every week for keeping a fresh odor.
6. Manicure Your Hands With Lemon
Mix 1/2 lemon juice in 1 cup of warm water and soak your fingertips in the mixture for five minutes. Then rub some lemon peels back and forth on the finger nails for clean and whitened look.
7. Lemons Can Bleach Delicate Fibers Without Harm
You can avoid bleach stains by using lemon juice instead chlorine bleach. Just soak your fabric in a mixture of lemon juice and baking powder for half an hour before washing.
8. Lemon Helps To Boost Laundry Detergent
Make your clothes smell lemon fresh by pouring one cup of lemon juice during wash cycle. The natural bleaching action will remove stains, rust and mineral discolorations from cotton T-shirts. Lemon juice can help brighten the white fabrics.
9. Lemon Is Your All-Purpose Cleaner
Spray a mixture of lemon juice and water on windows, mirrors and counter-tops as an alternative cheap cleaning method. Polish metal utensils, grimy faucets and shower handles by simply rubbing lemon on them. You can even remove carpet stains with lemon juice and salt scrub.
10. Lemons Help Lighten Dark Spots
Lemons are rich in Vitamin C which proves to be helpful to even your skin tone. Apply lemon juice daily for 5-15 mintues and see the change in couple of weeks.
11. Lemons Can Be Your Natural Teeth Whitening Treatment
Get sparkling teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda. Apply the mixture on your teeth, let it set for a minute and then brush off gently. Only apply it for a minute otherwise the citric acid can erode the tooth enamel.
12. Make Chemical Free Wood Polish
Mix a cup of olive oil with half cup of lemon juice to make chemical free wood polish.