- Make Any Air Conditioner Smart With This Amazing Device
- These Two Planes Almost Collided With Each Other At Barcelona Airport
- 23 Isolated Houses That Are Both The Master Of Peace & Art
- Guide To Turn Your Smartphone Camera Into A 375x Zoom Microscope
- Meet Softwheel – The Ultimate Shock Absorbing Wheel Design Ever Made
If you have got any issues with your body; such as, getting brain freeze or limbs falling asleep then try out these 13 body hacks to help you get the issues fixed.
1. Clearing A Stuffy Nose
If you want to clear a stuffy nose, push your tongue against the mouth roof and press a finger between your eyebrows. This causes vomer bone to loose your congestion.
2. If You Want To Sleep After A Big Meal, Lay On Left Side
If you lie on right side, the stomach becomes higher than the oesophagus which causes food and stomach acid to go up to your throat.
3. If You Have A Tooth Ache, Rub Ice On the Webbed Area Between Thumb And Index Fingers To Reduce Pain
4. Scratch Your Ear For Itchy Throat
Scratching your ear can stimulate the nerves in the ear and create a reflex in the throat which causes a muscle contraction and kills the itchy feeling.
5. Use Right Ear To Listen To Phone
Apparently, your right ear picks up words better and left ear picks up sounds/music better.
6. Preventing Brain Freeze
Brain freeze happens when the nerves in your mouth’s roof get cold. If you want to prevent brain freeze, put your tongue flat against your mouth’s roof.
7. Move Your Neck And Head When Your Hand Falls Asleep
Your hand can fall asleep due to compressing nerves in your neck so moving it side to side can relieve that.
8. Dealing With Nervousness
If you feel nervous, blow cool wind to your thumb. This can slow down pulse and calm you down eventually.
9. Afraid Of Injection Pain
When the doctor is going to give you an injection, cough as the needle is going in and you will suffer less pain. According to the British Medical Journal, the act of coughing causes a sudden, temporary rise in pressure in the chest, hindering the pain-conducting work of the spinal cord and leading to pain-free injections.
10. Control Your Dreams
You can control your dream or continue a dream where you left off. The idea is to rethink your previous dream before sleeping and chances are you will see the same dream again. If you want to control your dream, think of a symbol or any short time event. Once you fall asleep, your subconscious will conjure your symbol, and once your symbol appears, that will give you the mark that you can now do whatever you want.
11. Reset Body Clock
If you want to change your sleep cycle, then fast for about 16 or 12 hours before your intended wakeup time.
12. Spicy Food! Don’t Drink Water Or Eat Sugar
If you have eaten something spicy, drink milk or have yogurt instead of water or sugar.
13. If Your Eyes Get Tired While Reading Or Watching A Computer Screen For Long Hours
Repeat this excercise. Focus on something close to you, then close your eyes and look at something far away. This can relaxe tired eyes.