You must have stacks of newspapers stuffed away in a closet or kept in your house attic. These old newspapers take a lot of space along with giving a pungent musty odor of printing ink. One way to get rid of old newspapers is to either re-sell them on eBay or donate to a recycling company. However, these newspapers can also be used in variety of ways from simple household tasks to arts & crafts.
According to Chris Morrissey, VP of World’s largest printing-ink manufacturer, “Newspaper, by design, is a very absorbent product, because it has to absorb ink. But that also means it is equipped to absorb all sorts of moisture, including moisture and the resulting odors found in shoes and vegetable drawers.”
Today, we have collected 15 ways you can utilize newspapers after you have read them.
1. Newspapers Can Be Folded Into Plant Pots For Seedlings
Newspaper plant pots can be buried directly in the soil. Here is the video tutorial for complete instructions.
2. You Can Use Newspaper To Cover Your Notebooks
3. Crumpled NewsPapers Can Dry Your Shoes Overnight
4. Newspapers Can Deodorize Food Containers
You can place newspaper in lunch box or thermos, seal it and let it sit overnight.
5. Use Newspaper With Cleaning Product To Clean Tough Streaks On Mirror And Windows
6. Stuff Your Shoes And Bag With Newspaper To Maintain Their Shape
7. Newspapers Can Be Used As Disposable Table Cloth
8. Use Newspaper To Stop Soil From Leaking Out Of A Plant Pot
9. Wrap Fruits In Newspaper To Ripe
10. Use Newspaper As Gift Wrap
11. Make A Picture Frame With Newspaper
Here are full instructions for newspaper picture frame.
12. Prepare Garden Bed With Newspapers
During fall season, mow an area of lawn for dedicated bed, cover it with four layers of newspaper, then with 4-inch layer of shredded leaves and hose it down. Now, in Spring, the dedicated area will have grass roots that can be primed for planting.