Today we have collected 23 car hacks that every driver should adopt immediately. These hacks will not only make your life easier but also save your money. Give it a read and tell us how many of them you already knew about.
1. Make A Phone Holder With A Rubber Band
2. Use Wet Newspaper To Remove Stickers From Your Car
Take a piece of newspaper, dip it in warm water and place it over the sticker for about 10 minutes. This will let the water sip through the sticker and it will fall off in your hand without any effort.
3. Clean Out Extra Luggage From Your Car To Save Mileage
According to EPA, every extra 100 pounds of weight can reduce your fuel economy by seven cents per gallon which means it can add up to as much as $73 a year for someone who fills up 20 gallons a week. So get rid of all the extra stuff in your car to save yourself money.
4. Lighten Your Keychain To Protect Your Ignition Switch
A heavy keychain can weigh down the car’s ignition switch which can cause early wear and tear.
5. Use Razor To Clean Any Bug Or Dirt From Your Windscreen
6. Cool Hot Cars During Summers In Less Than A Minute
Roll down a window of one of the car’s door, then open and close a door a t the opposite side for 5-10 times. This will allow circulation of air inside your car making it cool and less humid.
7. De-Ice Car Lock With Applying Hand Sanitizer On Your Car Keys
8. Fix Car Scratches With Nail Polish
9. Use An Old Shoe As A Cup Holder In Your Car
10. Use Minties To Temporarily Fix The Hole In The Fuel Tank
First dry out the area around the hole in fuel tank with a rag. Then chew a mintie until it sticks to your teeth, flat it out and apply it on the hole. Note this is a temporary fix, you have to see the mechanic afterwards.
11. Remove Car Dents Using Really Cold Ice From Market And Protect Your Hands With Gloves
12. Use Tinted Plastic Sheet As Movable Shade
13. Clean Cloudy Headlights With Toothpaste
14. Turn Your Car’s Ashtray Into A Smartphone Dock
You can find the detailed instructions at this link.
15. Hang A Tennis Ball As A Parking Guide In Your Garage
16. Use A Staple On Tough Keychain To Insert Car Keys Easily
17. Keep Forgetting Car Parking Place? Download An App Or Take Photographs Of The Area To Remember The Place
18. Park Your Car Facing East To Defrost Windscreen Quickly
19. Use A Shower Caddy To Keep All Of Your Spare Fluids In One Clean Place
20. Use A Cereal Container And Plastic Bag As A Spill-Proof Garbage Holder
21. Keep Kitty Litter On Hand For Icy Or Slippery Roads
If you are stuck on an icy road, spread some kitty litter around the drive wheels of your car for added grip. Kitty litter is made of a mixture of either bentonite clay or silica which will give a car’s tires something to hold onto. The added weight of a big bag of kitty litter in the trunk will also help improve grip on a slippery road.