Does your laptop need a replacement battery? If yes, then before running off to the market, make sure to read through the following secrets which can help you find the best replacement battery.
1. Laptop Battery Buyer Beware
Make sure you buy a laptop battery from a U.S company instead of companies offering low price batteries over the internet, Amazon or e-bay. Never fall for Chinese batteries which offer higher capacities in minimum price. These companies use substandard components, practice random safety testing procedures, have no service representatives available in USA and they make returns & exchanges difficult for customers.
2. You Pay Extra For Branding And Labeling In Laptop Batteries
The leading brands in laptop batteries such as Apple, Toshiba, Dell, HP use third party components and charge customers extra for brand name. You can buy an aftermarket OEM product at half the price from the branded ones.
3. Laptop Battery Components Determine Battery Performance
4. Battery Life Expectancy Varies
High quality components lead to longer lasting batteries as compared to low quality components. A laptop battery can provide between 400-800 life cycles depending on usage and battery. The following are an estimated life span on different quality cells.
- Highest Quality Batteries (Grade A Cells) – 12-18 months
- Medium Quality Batteries (Grade B Cells) – 10-15 months
- Low Quality Batteries (Grade C Cells) – 5-10 months
5. Laptop Battery Assembly & Testing Procedures Are Not All the Same
6. Warranty Coverage For Laptop Batteries
7. You Can Actually Renew Your Laptop Battery When Its Dead
You don’t need to buy a brand new battery to replace the dead battery in your laptop. Instead, you can just replace the cells inside the dead battery to make it brand new again. Read more for a step by step guide to replacing the cells.