- Dubai Police To Use Google Glasses Against Traffic Violators
- The Smallest Scanner In The World Fits Into The Pocket
- The World’s First Hover Bike Is Coming To Reality In 2017
- Australia Has Enough Geothermal Resources To Meet Next 26000 Years Energy Demand
- This Airplane Completed Its Age. How They Turned It Into A Luxury Hotel Is Beautifully Artistic
You won’t believe your eyes but this photo is actually of a watch, that you can wear day-long. It doesn’t tell you the time, instead it vibrates every five minutes to give you a humble reminder that 5 minutes of your life are gone.
Called the Durr – this watch is a great example of simplicity both in design and functionality. It features a body and fastening clip, both made from hand-dyed polyamide. The strap is made from laser-cut vegetanned leather. Its battery does nothing except vibrating the face-less-face 288 times a day. The battery is claimed to last 2 months easily. The vibrations causes shivers feeling on your wrist, that cannot help you with exact time but make you more conscious of how time passes differently depending on a number of factors. The gap between each vibration is set to five minutes and cannot be changed, though the designer tested different intervals before settling on this unit of time.
Durr is available for pre-order again as it has gone through the initial run of 50 pieces already, which were successfully sold out fo $120 each. The designer – Skrekkogle plans to give a second run, for which buyers are invited to register for email notifications when the second run starts.